New Job Opportunity at Spring PR!
Senior Account Executive
Full time, 35 hours plus occasional overtime
Spring PR, Malmesbury
Application: please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you looking for a new and exciting career opportunity to work at one of the most renowned active lifestyle PR agencies in the outdoor industry? Spring PR is based in the picturesque Wiltshire countryside on the outskirts of Malmesbury and we are looking for a Senior Account Executive to bring their enthusiasm, expertise and energy to help us grow.
We’re a small team who pack a punch and work with some of the biggest and most innovative brands in the outdoor active lifestyle industry including Mammut climbing, Hydro Flask drinking bottles, SMITH sunglasses, Elliot Brown Watches, Polartec fabrics and Yogamatters. We have recently gained a number of new clients and are now looking for someone with solid consumer PR experience to add value by hitting the ground running and taking ownership of a group of accounts.
We’re looking for a confident self-starter with proven media contacts in the consumer, lifestyle and national news sectors and meticulous planning skills. Someone who is full of creative ideas, has a friendly approach, dedicated attitude, attention to detail and is keen to develop their PR and marketing career within our company would be suited for the role.
We are a friendly team of people with a number of long-standing employees and the company’s Founder, Stephanie Briggs, is still heavily involved. We regularly organise and run media events, alongside our day to day office-based work and pride ourselves on a hardworking, enthusiastic, close-knit office culture.
The Senior Account Executive will become a day-to-day contact for their clients and the team. Their primary responsibilities are to understand the scope and context of each client’s integrated marketing and PR programmes and drive monthly reporting for the brands that they are working on. The right person will need to have a proven track record of successful media and social media campaigns including working with bloggers and influencers. Due to the seniority of the post, they should need minimal guidance on day to day activities but will benefit from management support and experience. They will be able to comprehend social media and digital marketing initiatives as well as more ‘traditional’ PR and successfully manage program execution and day to day implementation.
- Assist senior management in developing and implementing monthly account planning and activities.
- Provide guidance to junior staff and interns.
- Identify and place clients in targeted high-level media and blog opportunities.
- May manage specific projects independently.
- Possesses strong writing and editing skills.
- Offer persuasive selling-in techniques and not be afraid to pick up the phone to journalists.
- Can contribute to and develop public relations strategies, social media and marketing plans.
- Establish strong relationships with knowledge of relevant media and blogs to generate awareness of clients’ products, services, thought leadership or activities.
- Establish successful productive relationships with client contacts.
- In-depth understanding of social media tools and the ability to implement social media programs.
- Understand what success means to each client, then deliver on those results.
- Ability to manage 4-5 client accounts simultaneously.
- Manage billing processes and play a key role in budget development/management.
- Add creative insight and problem solving on a consistent basis.
- 3—5 years of comparable agency or in-house experience
- Excellent media contacts
- Strong strategic and tactical social media skills
- Excellent copywriting
- Creative strategic thinker
- Strong work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a team-oriented environment.
- Driving licence
- Cake baking skills and a love of the outdoors is preferential!